We hope all our members are finding positives in the situation we all find ourselves in. It has been fantastic to see people back on court, and we have no doubt you’ve enjoyed the “mostly” fine Autumn weather of the past few weeks. Below are some updates of things happening in and around the club over the next month, and a reminder about the current Covid-19 guidelines. (for the full guidelines, please refer to our website https://eptc.org.au/players-ready-play/).
The EPTC committee would like to thank you for helping our club adhere to the necessary guidelines set down by The Victorian Government, Tennis Victoria and Knox City Council. It is timely to remind you of some of the most critical elements of the guidelines. We all have to play a role in a safe and sensible return to sport. We may only get one shot at it this year, so we need to do it right. Be aware that we can be shut down at any time if we’re found to be conducting ourselves outside of the guidelines.
- When using Book-A-Court (BAC) you MUST list every person coming to the courts to play in your group.
- When at the courts, please remember to sanitise the BAC keypad before and after using it.
- The Clubhouse is CLOSED AND OFF LIMITS to all members. This means NO ACCESS TO TOILETS until further notice. (coaching staff excepted)
- Byo water bottles as the drinking fountains both on court and on the external wall near the kitchen are currently off limits.
- We encourage our members to download the COVIDSafe app to assist with participant tracking in the case of a positive COVID-19 test result of a participant
Latest Competition Updates:
Tentative start dates have been nominated by the various associations, however nothing is yet confirmed. We will continue to keep you updated, however the latest information is all competitions have the w/c 20th July as a possible start date.
With this in mind, registrations for the Winter season are now required for KDNTA and WDTA Nights. Entries due by end June. For KDNTA Nights, please contact Stuart Naylor on 0403 001 275 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For WDTA Nights, please contact Jenny Morgan on 0400 538 017 or email@example.com.
Association Junior League:
We have received application information from WDTA in relation to a separate tournament that runs in addition to the existing Junior Saturday / Sunday competition.
This was emailed to all juniors a few days ago. Full details available on our website: https://eptc.org.au/applications-for-the-2020-associations-junior-league-now-open/
New Initiative: Discount on membership fees by attending Working Bees:
Looking for a way to save a few dollars on your membership fees? We’re proud to announce that the committee has introduced a Working Bee Discount program. By attending a working bee (we usually hold 2 a year), you will receive a $25 discount off your membership. This offer is valid for one discount per family / adult, per year. Stay tuned for details of our next working bee which will be scheduled for later in the year.
Wednesday Night Social:
A reminder that for the month of June, Wednesday night social tennis is “free”. Since no other competitions are being played at the moment, it’s a great opportunity for a competitive hit. Please make sure you register your attendance each week with Bob by text to 0404 085 650, AND fill in the registration book near the sanitising unit when you arrive.
Quick bits – Building & Clubhouse Update:
- Bathroom renovations have been delayed slighted due to a necessary change in the plans. We are waiting for a commencement date from council.
- We are going to replace the old heater in the clubhouse in conjunction with the timing of the bathroom renovations.
- The Rainbeater rollers have been repaired. Please take care to look after them, and refer to the video instructions if you are unsure how to use them. https://eptc.org.au/how-to-using-the-rainbeater-rollers-correctly/