We have received application information from WDTA in relation to a separate tournament that runs in addition to the existing Junior Saturday / Sunday competition.
About Associations Junior League ( AJL) :-
Tennis Victoria’s flagship junior competition, AJL (Previously named Junior Pennant), is a team based inter-association competition where players are selected to represent their local metropolitan association. AJL competition consists of:
- Ten rounds of matches
- Four player teams
- Played Sunday morning late August – end November (no play first two weekends September/October school holidays and Melbourne Cup weekend)
- Play commences at 8:30 am and concludes by 1 pm
- Four singles rubbers (best of two sets) and two doubles sets in each home and away match
- Graded within age groups 10/u to 18/u as at end of year.
To be eligible you must:
- have played at least 6 matches in Waverley senior, junior or night tennis in the previous 12 months between 1st of July the previous year and 30th June of the current year.
- be available for the duration of the 11 week season
- have completed and submitted an application form with the appropriate payment by the due date.
Age Group – Playing Standard Guide
- 10 and Under D Special 1 and above
- 12 and Under C Special 3 and above
- 14 and Under B1 and above
- 16 and Under A Reserve and above
- 18 and Under President’s Cup
If you wish to apply, please click the link below to submit your form directly with WDTA.
CLOSING DATE: Saturday 20th June 2020
If you have any questions, please contact Brian Hovey: