Good morning members,
Eildon Park Tennis Club committee met last night and we’re pleased to confirm that we’re very close to being able to reopen our courts to both coaching and social hitting. Two important things need to happen first:
– A quick working bee tomorrow morning at 9.30am to tidy up, remove debris, wipe down chairs, cover over drinking taps and a few other minor bits and pieces. The success of this working bee will help determine our ability to open, so PLEASE TEXT PETER IF YOU ARE ABLE TO HELP TOMORROW 0407 601 045 (SATURDAY). It will take no more than 2 hours if we get a few members to assist.
– We are yet to receive Knox City Council’s approval to reopen. We’re confident that we have all the expected systems and processes in place to adhere to Tennis Vic’s guidelines, but until we get permission from council, our facility must remain closed. We are hopefully that approval is only a few days away.
In the meantime, below is a list of changed playing conditions in line with Tennis Vic regulations. Now would be the perfect time to familiarise yourself with these requirements so you’re ready to go when we open the courts:
Return to Tennis Guidelines:
To keep the tennis and the wider community safe, we must all take responsibility to minimise the effects and spread of COVID-19 Before you play Please stay at home if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or have even mild flu-like symptoms. If you are in a high risk health category, please consider whether you should be administering or playing tennis at any time during this period, please do not take unnecessary risks.
Attending tennis activities:
– Everyone, regardless of their role, must arrive and leave as close as possible to when they need to at the venue.
– Keep 1.5 metres away from other people and no more than 1 person per 4m² while attending / taking part in a tennis activity.
– Remember no handshakes or High Fives, try tapping racquets instead.
– Wash/sterilise your hands before and after you play.
– Avoid touching your face while playing.
– Not share water bottles and bring your own bottle, already full.
– Bring your own hand sanitiser.
– Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow.
– Be aware of what surfaces you touch and ensure you clean them after play.
– White plastic tables are not to be used; plastic chairs will be made available for parents of coaching kids, however chairs must remain 1.5m apart in line with social distancing.
– Clubhouse will remain closed, meaning the toilets are not accessible.
– Book-A-Court (BAC) entrance gate will remain closed (except during coaching sessions) and will need to be opened by your BAC pin code.
– We encourage our members using our facility to download the COVIDSafe app to assist with participant tracking in the case of a positive COVID-19 test result of a participant.
– With no competitions currently in play, aside from coaching and Wednesday night social tennis, you’ll find all courts available for booking.
– When making your booking in BAC, every booking is required to have a 15 minute buffer between sessions to allow for people to enter and leave the facility without increasing the numbers within the venue. Please keep this in mind, and don’t book your session straight after/before an existing booking.
Further details of booking requirements will be emailed when we confirm the opening of courts.
EPTC Committee reserves the right to make changes ongoing in line with the fluid nature of the Victorian Government, Tennis Victoria & Knox City Council recommendations.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Mobile: 0418 378 768