Thank you for your patience over the last few days.
We have just received the green light from council! Therefore, Eildon Park Tennis Club Committee is please to say “we’re open for play”.
Yes, you will need to read and adhere to a lot of guidelines listed below, however tennis has an important role to play in helping people be active in this new phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, and these guidelines have been designed by Tennis Vic and Knox City Council to ensure the return to playing tennis is as safe as possible for all members of our community.
Book-A-Court (BAC) will be activated at 11am tomorrow morning (Saturday) for bookings commencing at 1pm Saturday 16th May. We’re delighted that our members can get outside and enjoy some sunshine this weekend. What a great weekend for having a positive impact on everyone’s mental health and wellbeing.
Return to Tennis Guidelines
To keep the tennis and the wider community safe, we must all take responsibility to minimise the effects and spread of COVID-19 Before you play Please stay at home if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or have even mild flu-like symptoms. If you are in a high risk health category, please consider whether you should be administering or playing tennis at any time during this period, please do not take unnecessary risks.
Attending tennis activities:
- Everyone, regardless of their role, must arrive and leave as close as possible to when they need to at the venue.
- Keep 1.5 metres away from other people and no more than 1 person per 4m² while attending / taking part in a tennis activity.
- Remember no handshakes or High Fives, try tapping racquets instead.
- Wash/sterilise your hands before and after you play.
- Avoid touching your face while playing.
- Not share water bottles and bring your own bottle, already full. All drinking fountains around the club are not to be used until further notice.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser and wipes for the Book-A-Court keypad.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow.
- Be aware of what surfaces you touch and ensure you clean them after play.
- Only people core to playing or coaching should be at the venue
- This includes at least one parent/guardian of younger children who must be present for the duration of the tennis activity, to comply with relevant Child Safety guidelines. All of these people must be able to observe social distancing at all times (see section below)
- White plastic tables are not to be used; plastic chairs will be made available for parents of children coaching, however chairs must remain 1.5m apart in line with social distancing.
- Clubhouse will remain closed, meaning the toilets are not accessible.
- Book-A-Court (BAC) entrance gate will remain closed (except during coaching sessions) and will need to be opened by your BAC pin code.
- The keypad must be wiped down and sanitised before and after you enter your code to access the facility.
- We encourage our members using our facility to download the COVIDSafe app to assist with participant tracking in the case of a positive COVID-19 test result of a participant.
Wednesday Night Social Tennis to resume
- Recommencing Wed 20th May, 7.30pm, using courts 7-9.
- The $4 per person fee will be used to operate lights as there is no access to clubhouse.
- Social tennis MUST be members only initially until otherwise advised.
- Max. 12 people only.
- Pre-registration is mandatory for each Wednesday until further notice. Please call/message Bob 0404 085 650 to register. This is to assist with participant tracing should we have a positive COVID-19 test result at any stage.
General Court Hire & Bookings:
- Book-A-Court (BAC) will be activated at 11am tomorrow morning (Saturday) for bookings commencing at 1pm Saturday 16th May.
- Both singles and doubles formats are approved.
- In line with Tennis Victoria protocols, Police have been notified of our reopening. Therefore, onus is on all members to adhere to all Tennis Vic social distancing guidelines and the current restriction limiting socialising. No off court gatherings are permitted – You get in, play, and go home.
- Payment for lights to be coins in slots only as clubhouse will be locked.
- 1.5 hour maximum booking per member per day. We will restrict the number of bookings allowed per week if members don’t respect other members rights to get on court. EPTC Committee will continually monitor all bookings and if we receive complaints of court unavailability, we may be forced to restrict certain members access.
- When making your booking in BAC, every booking is required to have a 15 minute buffer between sessions to allow for people to enter and leave the facility without increasing the numbers within the venue. Please keep this in mind, and don’t book your session straight after/before an existing booking.
- In fairness to all members, please remember to cancel your booking if you no longer wish to use it.
- It is also critically important for tracing that when you make a booking, you enter the details of ALL players included in your booking. If you need assistance with how to do this, please contact Clem on 0402 326 573.
- With no competition currently playing, all courts are available outside of coaching court requirements and social tennis on a Wednesday night.
- As previously communicated, it is essential you play on the court you’ve booked. The BAC system works beautifully when everyone plays on the court they’ve booked at the time they’ve booked.
We are relying on ALL members to be fair with their bookings to enable everyone playing time. EPTC Committee are endeavouring to make our return to tennis as safe as possible, and if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
EPTC Committee reserves the right to make changes ongoing in line with the fluid nature of the Victorian Government, Tennis Victoria & Knox City Council recommendations.
Eildon Park Tennis Club
Eildon Parade, Rowville
Mobile: 0418 378 768