At last evening’s meeting of the Waverley Tennis Committee of Management (WDTA), it was confirmed that Waverley Tennis intends to commence its shortened weekend Winter Season 2020 with 7 rounds from Saturday 18 July and Sunday 19 July 2020.
For EPTC, this means the commencement of comps is as follows:
Juniors – Sat 18th / Sun 19th July
Pennant – Sat 18th July
KDNTA – w/c Monday 20th July (tbc)
MWM – Wednesday 22nd July
MWL – Thursday 23rd July
Night comps – w/c Monday 27th July
Your individual Convenors will be in touch with further details over the next week.
Some points to note:
- Waverley Tennis will publish the Draws on Club Zone and email the Draws to all competing Affiliates on Wednesday 8 July 2020 giving all Affiliates 10 days to prepare rosters, advise players, etc. part of which is School Holidays.
- Waverley Tennis is finalising a player information sheet and COVID-19 Player Declaration form which you will be asked to sign. It is designed to eliminate the need for paper declarations to be completed by each player each time they play, i.e. to eliminate the manual handling of those forms. This document will be sent to you on Wednesday 8 July 2020, with the release of the Draws.
- With the recent announcement by the State Government of the ten (10) COVID-19 ‘Hot Zones’, any players, coaches, volunteers or spectators living in those Postcode areas will not be able to play in your teams or be in attendance at your venues.
- There will be a soft copy ONLY of the Winter Season 2020 handbook & fixture available on the Waverley Tennis website as from Tuesday 14 July 2020.
- Should there be any changes to the foregoing in the days ahead due to changes in the COVID-19 restrictions, you will be advised accordingly.